Ventura County Courthouse

Ventura, California

Awards

Close

The Ventura County Courthouse, also known as Ventura City Hall, was designed in 1910 by one of the early pioneers of architecture in Southern California: Albert C. Martin, Sr. Noted for its gleaming terra cotta exterior, friars heads, and copper sheathed dome, his grand neoclassical design created one of the most beautiful civic structures in California. Located in downtown Ventura, the building became the Ventura City Hall in 1972.